For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we confirm that the data controller of this website including any mobile website (together the “Website”) is Venntro Media Group Ltd., a company registered under the laws of England, whose registered office is Minton Place, Victoria Street, Windsor, SL4 1EG, United Kingdom and who also trades as Global Personals and White Label Dating (“Venntro Media Group”, “we”, “us” and “our”). Venntro Media Group can be contacted via the contact section on the Website or by writing to our registered address.
What personal information do we collect?
When you subscribe or sign up to use the Website, we may collect a variety of information from you, which may include:
- personal information required to subscribe or create a member profile, such as your name, phone number, postal address, email address, contact details, photographs, age, gender, nationality, interests, marital status, location and bank/credit card details;
- personal information provided to us if you contact us, such as our records of that correspondence;
- personal Information that you provide to us via our customer service live chat application, such as the transcripts of the chats;
- personal information provided to us if you choose to complete any surveys or questionnaires for us, enter a competition or promotion of ours or participate in forums, discussion boards or other social media functions on our Website;
- personal information if you post or transmit information via the Website to other users;
- information that may not be personal information, such as information detailing your visits to the Website including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data; and
- information we receive from other sources. For example may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We may also record which of our Services you are interested in and which Services you purchase. In the course of providing the Website and our Services to you, we may collect some sensitive personal information about you. Sensitive personal information means information or opinion about an individual’s racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, membership of a political association, religious beliefs, philosophical beliefs, memberships of a professional or trade association or trade union, sexual preferences or practices, criminal record or health information. If you disclose sensitive personal information to us, unless you have agreed otherwise, we will only use it for the purposes for which it was provided or as allowed by law.
Why do we collect your personal information and how do we use it?
The primary purpose for which we collect information about you is to provide you with Services you have requested in subscribing or signing up to use the Website. We also collect information about you to:
- process your communications, your membership of and subscription to the Website and to enable your use of the Website and the Services;
- provide you with an up to date, efficient and reliable Service;
- help prevent fraudulent activity, including on your account (for example, if we collect your card details we will check these details with credit agencies and reserve the right to refuse to make available the Website and/or our Services if, for example, the card details provided are reported to be fraudulent or credit agencies report the activities as being fraudulent);
- provide customer care services. For the avoidance of doubt, we will only store limited Credit Card or Debit Card information for the purpose of assisting with customer care enquiries;
- open and run your account;
- administer prize draws, competitions or promotions;
- for statistical and demographic analysis;
- provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you (except where you have requested not to be contacted for such purposes);
- generally run the Website and for internal operations;
- monitor and record telephone calls for training purposes and to improve the Service to you; and
- comply with any law (including the Data Protection Act 1998).
By subscribing to the Services you agree that we may use your information to contact you by electronic mail (e.g. by email and SMS) (“Marketing Communications”) about offers, events, competitions, items or related activities that you may find useful, as well as other similar products and services offered by us or any of our related entities from time to time.
You may receive Marketing Communications from us or any of our trading names, for example White Label Dating, both during the term of your membership (whether full or basic) and after termination of your membership (or deletion of your account) unless you unsubscribe from receiving such Marketing Communications as set out below.
We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to other companies and partners, but if you give us your express consent, we may share your data with other reputable companies both within and outside the EU who may have interesting offers and information for you. If you wish to receive Marketing Communications from selected third parties, or if you would like to receive Marketing Communications from us about our non-dating related products and services or other third party products and services, you can indicate your consent by ticking the relevant opt-in tick box during the registration process.
How to unsubscribe from receiving Marketing Communications?
If you have consented to receive Marketing Communications, you may always revoke that consent at any time by changing your settings on the Website or exercising the “unsubscribe” option in any Marketing Communications you get from us or from our marketing partners.
Who do we disclose your information to?
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- authorised by you to receive information held by us (including other members using the Website, associated websites and our Services);
- for the purpose of asking that third party to provide goods or services on our behalf, including but not limited to carrying out data analysis, cleansing, processing credit card information, mail outs, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising;
- that are our agents, business partners or joint venture entities or partners;
- that are associated websites (our Services may be offered through and accessible via a number of other websites in addition to this Website (“Associated Websites”) and data that you post to the Website for access by members of the Website may be searchable and available to users of the Website Services who access it via Associated Websites);
- that sponsor or promote any competition that we conduct or promote via our Services;
- in the event that we sell, trade or licence any part of the business or assets of the business that include your personal information (excluding cookies);
- for the purpose of contacting you directly about their offers, promotions, goods or services (if you have requested to be contacted for such purposes); or
You agree that if we transfer ownership or management of the Website, our Services, the business and/or the assets (in whole or in part) to a third party, that we may also transfer your personal data or other personal data you have provided to us, including all sensitive personal data and any other information about you to such third party, provided such third party agrees to observe this policy.
How do we restrict access to your personal information on the Service?
We respect and are committed to protecting your privacy and that of other users, and wherever possible we require you to provide login information and identify yourself to access the Website.
We also make an effort to ensure that members of the Service are not connected with other members that may be inappropriate. To do this we may apply classifications to Associated Websites that provide access to the Service, including to the Website. These classifications may restrict the availability of:
- communications between yourself and other members of the Service;
- the details of other members of the Service to yourself; and
- your details to other members of the Service.
Security of Personal Information
Transmission of data and information via the Website is not a secure or encrypted transmission method for sending your personal data, unless otherwise indicated on the Website. Accordingly, your attention is drawn to the fact that any information and personal data carried over the internet is not secure and any transmission is at your own risk. Information and personal data may be intercepted, lost, redirected, corrupted, changed and accessed by other people.
We take reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold from misuse and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. For example, we set strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to your personal information once we have received it and wherever possible we will use adequate security software and working procedures to ensure the security of your personal information. To prevent unauthorised access, maintain accuracy, and ensure proper use of personal information, we have employed physical, electronic, and managerial processes to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Your right to access your personal information
The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. You can request access to your personal information via email to email@example.com. We reserve the right to refuse to provide you with a copy of your personal data based on the exemptions set out in the Data Protection Act 1998, but if we do refuse we will give reasons for our refusal and allow you to challenge our decision.
It is both in our interest and yours that any personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and current. If the data we hold about you is inaccurate in any way, please contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org to have your personal information corrected.
Third party links on the Website
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.